When it’s a cause, we support it wholeheartedly! #GrowYourMo
We support Movember as an initiative that drives awareness on men’s health and the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Movember is an annual global event every November that aims to raise awareness on men’s health issues. Participants called “Mo Bros” grow out their staches in order to increase saliency of the issue and encourage early cancer detection.
If there ever was a time to go rugged, build a man cave, it is now!! The definition of man cave is: a room in a house where a man can decorate the way he likes. For me, a Man Cave is more like a Man Lounge. In my mind, a Man Cave is more like a private room/space/area for a man where he can have all his gadgets and toys and things are all his. Often geared towards married Dads.
The basic essentials to magic a room into a mancave are ridiculously easy, men in general are pretty much simple and non complicated. Usually, their lives start getting complicated when a woman steps in. It’s a woman who needs the latest in style and fashion and other minor or major things. On the other hand, the only things a man asks for are ;
- Good Food
- Comfortable couches and chairs
- His Buddies
- Latest Gadgets (read toys), which have to include a massive ‘FLAT SCREEN’!!
That’s pretty much it!!
So here are a few things that you need to keep in mind when you convert a room to a man cave;
- Leather couches and / or a recliner (the fancier the better), remember the one in ‘FRIENDS’ that Joey brought home? The colors can be the basic black or brown or tan, men don’t bother with prints and textures.
- Anything to do with cars and bikes; you could opt for frames with car or bike images, you could get a refashioned bar counter made from a car bumper, you could get stools made from car tires, you get the drift…
- A fab coffee table. Don’t bother with the style, but worry about the practicality. It needs to fit close enough to the couch to rest the snack bowls and the glasses.
- For the gadget bit, some lights (not the fairy lights, they hate fairy lights!! Try big lights, halogen lamps, movie style lights). You could also opt for some nautical decor, like pirate themed cushions, binoculars, model boats etc. Boys will be boys you know!
- You could opt for some plants, but would the plants be watered or not is something to think about, so go for artificial palm trees and other artificial plants, men like flowers only when they are to be given away to the women in their lives, not for themselves. So don’t waste your time with flowers.
This style of decor is so simple, you could change it every year!!
Here is our take on a Man Cave! We’ve Hooked the Look for you to create a fantastic Man cave. Get creative and add your own touches to this look!