All of us want harmony in our homes. We’re yet to come across a person or family who will opt for decor over peace and harmony. Having said that, we also know that the correct arrangement of decor and space can lead to a flow in positive and good energy. Every element of the Universe, if in perfect sync with each other creates a sense of balance. This perfect balance and Harmony is also partly known as Feng Shui.
Feng Shui is not limited to religion or beliefs. We learnt this from the Feng Shui expert in this region – Shivani Adalja.
A bit about Shivani;
Shivani has been practicing Feng Shui for the past 16 years and was instrumental in bringing it to the masses in the United Arab Emirates.
Her expertise has benefited big hotel chains, Bollywood celebrities, Royalty and individual clients who are looking to restore balance and harmony in their lives and environment.
Shivani first learnt classical Feng Shui when she lived in Hong Kong for 10 years and continued to horn her skills over the past decade. She brings a wealth of experience with her having worked on high profile and challenging projects.
Shivani has been a pioneer in the field of energy management in The Middle East and blends in multiple modalities while working with Feng Shui. She currently writes a popular column on Feng Shui with the Khaleej Times and has been interviewed by variety of international publications.
So When Shivani addressed the crowd at Pan Emirates Al Barsha Store, it was a roaring success!
Here are the 5 top tips that can help you start on your Feng Shui Journey!
- Declutter – Decluttering the first stage before implementing Feng Shui. There needs to be energy movement within a home and therefore we need to create space for the energy to flow. Unwanted items, old clothes and broken electronic items should be given away. Distribute old books and dvds if not needed and donate extra pairs of shoes. This will help in creating open space and boost energy movement. Organize your home with the help of baskets, containers and drawers and see shift in energy. Open spaces help in restoring good energy flow.
- Clean the Energy – This is the second step before implementing Feng Shui within a home. Once all the clutter is out of your home, its time to clean and enhance the energy movement. Scented candles or incense can be used to clear out old energy. Aromatherapy oils can also be used to for this purpose.
- Light up your home – Light creates energy within a home. Therefore you need appropriate lighting to help boost energy movement. Natural light helps elevate the energy. Keep windows open and don’t draw the curtains during daytime. Let the natural light flow into your home to improve the existing energy within a home. Invite as much natural light as possible, to create yang or active energy. Artificial light also plays an important role in your home. Lighting fixtures need to be simple yet powerful. Using bright lights in the living room and dim lighting in the bedroom will also help in restoring balance within your home.
- Use Water Feature – Water helps in creating energy movement. And used as an effective tool in feng Shui to attract prosperity and opportunities. Place a small water fountain or fish aquarium by an open window to enhance the flow of energy within a home. However please remember the exact location of the water fountain can be determined after implementing Feng Shui within a home.
- Attracting Good Energy Within your Home – If you have a beautiful view from your living room, display a mirror opposite the window to attract the view into your home. Display paintings of beautiful scenery or hang happy family photographs. Avoid displaying daggers, knives or pictures of violence, as this will lead to arguments and disharmony.
Here are a few products from our store that will help you start your Feng Shui implementation at home.
We have a lot more beautiful products in the store which you can choose from!
We had an amazing full house last month at our Al Barsha store with Telelife Magazine and Shivani Adalja, the Feng Shui expert. Here are some images from the morning.
Watch this space for news on more upcoming Feng Shui Mornings with Shivani Adalja. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for posts on registering for the next Fengshui Morning at our stores.
See you soon…